The Crafty Cow Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Easter Sunday 31st March 2013
Tuesday EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 11:39 pm by Marion

» Happy Birthday Craftworker
Tuesday EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 8:44 pm by Craftworker

» Tuesday 17h
Tuesday EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 4:21 pm by topgran

» Monday 16th July
Tuesday EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 12:35 pm by topgran

» Happy Birthday Lady of Kent
Tuesday EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 9:31 am by cubbie66

» 2nd time lucky
Tuesday EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 12:33 pm by topgran

» Im stopping with the birthday club
Tuesday EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:44 pm by Andrea

» Im stopping with the birthday club
Tuesday EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:42 pm by Andrea

» Sunday
Tuesday EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 3:07 pm by poppytree

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Tuesday

+5
Andrea
topgran
LoopyLou
lexiecraft
Karen R
9 posters

Go down

Tuesday Empty Tuesday

Post  Karen R Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:21 am

Morning!

We have snow! and its snowing steadily now. But not going out, so can sit and look at it!
Will have to nip down to Mum's to deliver tablets and make sure she gets off to the Daycare Centre... but thats it for me today. Going to watch a couple of christmassy films I have taped.
I am hoping the bin men can get up our road today, our green (household rubbish) is full to overflowing as it didnt get emptied last time.

Andrea... hope you are ok... heard last night your area had an earthquake! Did you feel it???

Right... off now to get dressed! Have a good day xx
Karen R
Karen R
Moo'ver
Moo'ver

Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Tuesday Empty Re: Tuesday

Post  lexiecraft Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:37 pm

Morning Everyone ,
I can't believe Christmas is all over , the main reason being I have,nt seen that Coke ad when the train is going away .... sad I know !We had a lovely day yesturday with my sister ilaw andher hubby ,but once again far too much huge lunch and before we left a big tea .... feeling as fat as a pig !
Horrible dark damp day here , don't think we 've got snow forcasted but you never know , mind you it looks a bit btoo damp and misty . Andrea did you feel the earthquake ? My brother did 'nt feel the one in Cumbria but next door had a crack over the fire place !
Next Sunday James my brother in South Africa is off to Afganistan , doing his Journalist/photography , known of us are happy about it but ..... He is being exstreamly sensible and going on his British passport he has both a british and sa one , mum has got herself worked up but its his choice .
Well hope everyone is ready for whatever this year throws at us ! I've already been trying to get through to the education people but so far the lines have been busy ..... :twisted:So I am half way through a email to local MP .....wish me a bit of luck .I'd really hoped Dulcie would be settled at school before we went away .
speak later have a good day everyone x
lexiecraft
lexiecraft
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 3013
Registration date : 2009-04-01

http://lexie-lexieslife.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  LoopyLou Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:43 pm

Good morning all.....

Well nearly back to normal around here..... only one left in the house to bother me!!! Maybe I'll get a bit of peace for a while now and be able to get on my pesky computer!!!!

Have missed you all.......

If there are any poorlies around I hope they feel much better soon, we seem to have been quite lucky and none of us have been ill at all over christmas/new year thank god. Yet lots of our family and friends have been struck down... we just steered clear!!! I can't go getting ill cos am off into hossy next week (from monday) for some intense rehab..... also going to ask for another epidural..... the back is just beyond funny now!!! I will bat my eyelashes at Dr Menon and I'm sure he'll stick a needle in my back no problem! Very Happy Must admit tho... this is the first time I can say I actually can't wait to get in there..... am so sore and stiff, getting in that pool is gonna be heaven! Emily has been a bit sulky tho so am guessing it is upsetting her again, just waiting for the eczema to start up, it happens everytime! Poor kid.

Hope your bin men get round hun, ours have been really good, they only missed one collection and then took all the extra the next week.

Can understand you and the family will be worried about your Bro hun x I would be too x

Hope the earth moved in a good way for any one up north! lol!

LoopyLou
LoopyLou
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2992
Registration date : 2008-11-14

http://the-lou-natic-asylum.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  topgran Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:55 pm

Morning ladies. Sun is trying to break through but too late for the eclipse! Off to have my hair cut and permed this afternoon. Very overdue! Nice to see you back Lou! Hope all goes well next week. Didn't know there'd been another earthquake though - must have missed that on the news. Karen you can keep the snow! We've been lucky with the bins - only missed one collection and that was the recycling with the snow. Christmas we've had normal collections.

I can understand you worrying about your brother Lexie. I'm glad that Mark is now instructing at Cosford as he did 3 tours in Afghanistan and one in Iraq when he was based down here.
topgran
topgran
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2871
Registration date : 2008-07-04

http://www.susanscardcreations.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrea Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:06 pm

OMG Shocked nope it did not reach us Karen, Lexie . If it did id probably sleep through it Very Happy . Off to parents in a bit for a chill out, big hugs to any poorlies will pop back on later.
Andrea
Andrea
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2565

http://andreas-card-creations.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  lexiecraft Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:18 pm

Don't talk to me about the bins .... our household rubbish is nearly a month since its been emptied . Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad
lexiecraft
lexiecraft
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Back to top Go down

Post  poppytree Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:45 pm

Ours came last week and are due 1 day later than usual tomorrow.

Started work on the family tree but have so many branches its getting complicated. I've found 118 relatives on Clive's and my combined family trees so far. Not bad for 3 days work.
poppytree
poppytree
Queen of the Dairy
Queen of the Dairy

Number of posts : 7172

http://jtct-jane.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  craftymumof3 Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:53 pm

Morning ladies. We have a light dusting of snow this morning but not enough for the kids to do anything with so they're not too happy.

Karen I hope the bin men come today for you Smile

Lexie good luck with the email to your MP and I hope your brother stays safe. Smile

Lou good luck in hospital next week Smile

Jacky glad to hear you are feeling a bit better Smile

Sue enjoy the pampering at the hairdressers Smile

Andrea enjoy your chill out day at your parents Smile

Jane I wouldn't even know where to start looking for my ancestors but I'd love to do a family tree Smile

(((HUGS))) to all poorlies

Have a good day whatever you are doing Smile
craftymumof3
craftymumof3
Mega-Mooer
Mega-Mooer

Number of posts : 4747
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  lexiecraft Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:05 pm

Well done Jane , we keep talking of starting to do a family serch but whetre to start ?
Glad we have'nt got any of the dreaded white stuff !
Lou . when you get in that hospital you rest and do as your told ????????? mmmmmm lou we are talking to here !
Francis when do your kids go back to school most of the schools have gone back round here.
hugs to all !
lexiecraft
lexiecraft
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen R Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:27 pm

Well the bin men didnt turn up...no idea why, will have to leave the bin out as they may come this afty, tomorrow.... who knows!! But there will be an extra bag at the side of the bin, hope they take it.
Amy doesnt go back to school until Monday, the teachers have got Inset Days Neutral
Andrea... think it happened just after 9.00 last night, I remember when we stayed at a Birmingham hotel years back, we experienced one and it made the bed move Laughing The following morning we were going to the airport to go on holiday and it was then we found out what had happened. Also had another one a couple of years ago, again at night time, I thought the epicentre was in my wardrobe ... it seemed that bad!!
Karen R
Karen R
Moo'ver
Moo'ver

Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  lexiecraft Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:53 pm

Don't think I 've ever been in a earthquake , although had the earth move a few times !!!! sorry could not resist that ..... affraid Laughing
lexiecraft
lexiecraft
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Back to top Go down

Post  LoopyLou Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:03 pm

GGGRRRRR......

Just had the chap from Hotpoint out (washing machine died on day after boxing day) ..... washing machine needs an entirely new drum..... and drum shaft too..... the part wont be in till Thursday and he doubts they will be able to get it fitted before the start of next week.....

Slight problem.... I need the blasted machine mended before I am stuck in hossy or it wont get done for nearly 3 weeks and that is NOT HAPPENING......

Have been on the phone to Indesit/Hotpoint and Domestic and General but D & G say I have to speak with Hotppoint and I can't get thru to Hotpoint!!!!!

To say I am slightly irritated is an understatement...... god help the person who ends up speaking to me later when I get thru!!! It'll be a day they don't forget in a hurry!!!! I'll stick their flippin automated answering menus and the engaged tone sideways up the flippin a**es!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
LoopyLou
LoopyLou
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Back to top Go down

Post  LoopyLou Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:03 pm

lexiecraft wrote:Don't think I 've ever been in a earthquake , although had the earth move a few times !!!! sorry could not resist that ..... affraid Laughing

You and me both Lexie..... read my post from this morning lol!
LoopyLou
LoopyLou
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:03 pm

Good afternoon all, nice to see so many of you on here today. I have been resting in bed this morning as Martin went to golf. Still unable to do anything as I get breathless and start the dreaded coughing. Martin slept in the spare room last night so that he would get some sleep as he had to be up for golf this morning Laughing Good thing Sally had gone back home Shocked Rabbits are still here though so Martin had to sort them out last night and again this morning. I have trouble up here in my Craft room as it is a bit colder in here so have started coughing, sneezing and sniffing now - probably needed a bit of fresh air though Laughing

Sorry to hear they didnt fix your washing machine Lou - I had no end of trouble with my Hotpoint one, seemed to have to keep calling them out, luckily on extended warranty - but then got a Zanussi which gave us no trouble for years, decided to get another one when we renewed it and found they were now made by the same Company, if I remember rightly - so went for Ariston instead.

Martin has just had a text from the school to say wear warm clothes as there is no heating in the school - he goes back tomorrow but it's an inset day for the pupils.
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 8986
Registration date : 2008-07-03

https://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii72/JackyM_photos/

Back to top Go down

Post  CraftyPat Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:30 pm

Good Evening Ladies

Good Luck Lexie with a quick solution to Dulcies education, this has been going on for far too long now and is not fair to both Dulcie and you.

Lou sorry to hear about your washing machine issue, such bad timing with your imminent hospital visit, I hope the visit gives you
a lot of relief you sound like you need it.

Hope all the poor ladies suffering with flu etc., feel better soon, I am still coughing since before Xmas and I have a few days
where it seems like it is on the way out and then it has a day where it appears to return with a vengence. It seems to have hit nearly every one in my office at some time over the break.

Unfortunately OH was told today that he is the one they are letting go from his works, I won't get the full XP until I see him
tomorrow but naturally he a very unhappy tree frog right now. So it is updating of CVs and uploading on to various websites etc.,
this weekend.
Pat x
CraftyPat
CraftyPat
New Moo
New Moo

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2009-02-10

http://craftypats-chaos.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:21 pm

Sorry to hear that your OH has lost his job Pat, hope he will soon find something else. Hope you get rid of your cough too, I am just the same - one day you think it's much better then the next its twice as bad Neutral
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 8986
Registration date : 2008-07-03

https://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii72/JackyM_photos/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down