The Crafty Cow Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Easter Sunday 31st March 2013
Tuesday - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 11:39 pm by Marion

» Happy Birthday Craftworker
Tuesday - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 8:44 pm by Craftworker

» Tuesday 17h
Tuesday - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 4:21 pm by topgran

» Monday 16th July
Tuesday - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 12:35 pm by topgran

» Happy Birthday Lady of Kent
Tuesday - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 9:31 am by cubbie66

» 2nd time lucky
Tuesday - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 12:33 pm by topgran

» Im stopping with the birthday club
Tuesday - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:44 pm by Andrea

» Im stopping with the birthday club
Tuesday - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:42 pm by Andrea

» Sunday
Tuesday - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 3:07 pm by poppytree

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Tuesday

+8
poppytree
lexiecraft
Christine
LoopyLou
Craftworker
cubbie66
Karen R
Andrea
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Tuesday - Page 2 Empty Re: Tuesday

Post  poppytree Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:27 pm

She's well named Jacky!

Glad I managed to get most of what I needed - it doesn't look too promising.
This time tomorrow?
Tuesday - Page 2 18

Can't believe how low the stock was in Asda - people must have been out there at the crack of dawn!
poppytree
poppytree
Queen of the Dairy
Queen of the Dairy

Number of posts : 7172
Registration date : 2008-07-04

http://jtct-jane.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Christine Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:10 pm

I can't blame anyone for stocking up, I wished I had, if you aren't snowed in yet do stock up! It's appalling here, (sorry Lou, enough is enough, lovely to look at, great to play in, but really a menace otherwise.) we had about six inches today (and I did end up doing some share of the snow-shovelling, when the 2 inch level was reached for the third time today!).
We only have a small local shop (it's about seven miles to the nearest supermarket) and the milk was flying out this morning (in a manner of speaking, nothing was moving at more than a crawl Smile ). People are resourceful though, whilst we were clearing the drive they were walking slowly by pulling sledges with boxes fastened on to carry their shopping! All shapes and sizes, I think I shall have to search out our old one for tomorrow (good, I've only got two eggs left and wasn't going to risk carrying any Smile )! Everyone was smiling, although a car appears to have been abandoned outside our house. We live on a hill and I assume they couldn't make it any further up, and they'd had enough. It's a hazard for everyone else though, with traffic absolutely crawling and trying to stay in what little tracks there are, although we did see a woman (it had to be a woman didn't it!) driving one-handed, on the 'phone! Evil or Very Mad Considering the conditions that really was madness, she could easily have ended up on the pavement hitting someone - there'd be no jumping out of the way!

Make the most of it if you're clear, it's awful hearing how easily everyone is going out when we're snowed in! Crying or Very sad Nice in theory, stay snug inside and craft, but it soon wears off! Oh, for clear roads!
Christine
Christine
Moo'ette
Moo'ette

Number of posts : 451

Back to top Go down

Post  topgran Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:31 pm

We've had a good 2 inches in the last hour and still coming down heavily What a Face - eat your heart out Lou Very Happy
topgran
topgran
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2871

http://www.susanscardcreations.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  CraftyPat Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:32 pm

Didn't need the snow to cause chaos down in Portsmouth today. There was a 5/6 car crash on the main road out
of Portsmouth which gridlocked the town in no time. had to queue just to get out of my works car park. A 10 minute
trip took me an hour. A lot of the people at our place have laptops and they were all taking them home
with them stating that they would probably work from home tomorrow so it will probably be very quiet in there.

We do now have snow down here so OH is covering his car front screen to try and save himself some time
as he is on early start tomorrow and has to leave at 4.45 am, rather him then me.

Hope all you ladies stay warm and safe.

Pat x
CraftyPat
CraftyPat
New Moo
New Moo

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2009-02-10

http://craftypats-chaos.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  cosmicfairy Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:28 pm

Oh sorry peeps i was at work today and used my new phone to come on crafty cow (ssshhh dont tell) and i thought i had left a post but it aint here Mad Mad goodness knows were i left it then lol, tiny bit of snow here poped into tesco with hubby as he went to work at 3.30am this morning and was home just after 4 this afternoon which is normally up heard of. Anyway peeps in tesco were going mad just like the xmas shop What a Face affraid and only had a tiny prinkle of snow, love the look of it and taking pics but the road we live on is leathal and dont clear for ages as the is no sun hardly on that part of the house. Anyway gabberling on miffed my post didnt work will have to try again another time love and hugs to all of you and hope the poorlies get better soon.xxxxxxxx
cosmicfairy
cosmicfairy
Moo'ette
Moo'ette

Number of posts : 648
Registration date : 2009-07-07

Back to top Go down

Post  poppytree Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:17 am

As forecast - the snow has just started falling here!
Just a thin covering on the road but its only been going about 10 minutes!

Thank goodness I got plenty of food in. We've enough potatoes (to bake in their jackets)and veggies for soup to last till we go away and plenty of meat and fish in the fridge and freezer
poppytree
poppytree
Queen of the Dairy
Queen of the Dairy

Number of posts : 7172

http://jtct-jane.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny M Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:53 am

Hi ladies - still no snow here, drat, but I keep hoping that we'll have a good covering overnight. Purely to ease things for you ladies .... I'm just asking for some to share it out a bit ...... my excuse and I'm sticking with it he he.

When are you going into hosp Lexie? don't know what for or when but hope its nothing major /hugs for when you do go in Smile

When do you leave for Aussie Jane ? I hadn't realised that it had come around so quickly ... boy doesn't time fly when you are having fun or are ill he he

Hugs for all, and do hope you all have a chance to enjoy the white stuff .... doh I meant the snow of course Wink
Jenny M
Jenny M
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2807
Registration date : 2008-07-03

https://s201.photobucket.com/albums/aa176/sweetness24jm/

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:56 am

Jenny M wrote:
When do you leave for Aussie Jane ? I hadn't realised that it had come around so quickly ... boy doesn't time fly when you are having fun or are ill he he

Senior moment Jen, it's on the bottom of all Jane's posts lol!
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 8986

https://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii72/JackyM_photos/

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny M Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:49 am

oops he he Smile
Jenny M
Jenny M
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Back to top Go down

Post  lexiecraft Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:10 pm

Going into Gatwick Park Hospital , its pretty minor sugery but hopefully will make a major differance to my life ....can throw away he Tena ladies ,bladder problem .Bu had so much snow here don't know i we will get out of our road at 6'0clock on thursday morning .... as its bound to turn into ice etc Evil or Very Mad
lexiecraft
lexiecraft
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 3013
Registration date : 2009-04-01

http://lexie-lexieslife.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny M Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:03 pm

Fingers crossed for you hun Smile I've heard good feedback after that op, so hope it works as well for you too hun. You'll cause a stampede with us all signing up for one he he
Jenny M
Jenny M
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Back to top Go down

Post  lexiecraft Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:20 pm

I've been suffering for a while now but it 's got to the sage now where its really affecting my life and put me off doing loads of things , but I saw the consultant he was brill had all the tests and hey said I had a considerable problem and advised what needed doing ...... WHEN I get it done I 'll let you know the result !!!!
My lovely hubby is paying for me to have it done as its a 14 week wait to see he consultant and another 14 week before you canbe considered for surgery .£3500 alot of money I know but I will be hopefully ok for walking. dancing , laughing oh yes and coughing with out leaving a puddle ! sorry to be so graphic ....can only say you young ones do Embarassed but may be I did'nt !! Embarassed
lexiecraft
lexiecraft
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 3013
Registration date : 2009-04-01

http://lexie-lexieslife.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny M Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:07 pm

Oh bless you Lexie. I think part of the problem is also that its something that's made a joke of rather than understanding the embarrassment of it. I'm on meds for it and they seem to work really well, thank goodness it was horrible before I plucked up the courage to talk to my doctor about it.

Hugs and hope the rescheduled op is before you go away Smile
Jenny M
Jenny M
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content